FHA Mortgage Texas
Today we’re going to discuss FHA loans, specifically the FHA 203b program, FHA also offer disaster relief mortgages which you can find information about on my vBlog.
FHA Mortgages in Texas – What is a FHA Home Loan?
An FHA loan is a mortgage that’s insured by the Federal Housing Administration (FHA). … However, borrowers must pay mortgage insurance premiums, which protects the lender if a borrower defaults. Borrowers can qualify for an FHA loan with a down payment as little as 3.5% for a credit score of 550 or higher with OneTrust Home Loans.
Benefits of a FHA Mortgage…
- Low down payment of 3.5% and you do not have to be a first time home buyer or meet income limits as FannieMae requires for their 3% down program
- The minimum credit score with OneTrust Home Loans is 550 subject to approval wherein the minimum score for a conventional loan is 620
- FHA will allow for a person to currently be in a Chapter 13 BK as long as they can prove on time payments to the courts for 12 months in accordance with their original BK plan and a letter from courts granting permission to enter to a mortgage transaction
- Allows the seller to pay up to 6% of the sales price towards the buyer closings and pre-pays not to exceed the actual total of the closing costs and pre-pays wherein conventional will only allow 3% from the seller with 3 to 5% down payment
- There are no income limits but the maximum mortgage for Harris County and the surrounding area is: $331,200 for a single family dwelling and higher for 2 to 4 unit residences
- The debt to income ratio is much higher for FHA affording people the opportunity to buy more house. Subject to AUS approval, I’ve seen DTI up 57% approved and recently closed a transaction with a 57% DTI ratio wherein conventional is limited to 50%.
So, those are some the benefits of FHA and the #1 reason folks might avoid FHA is the extra mortgage insurance costs relative to a conventional loan. FHA’s has an upfront mortgage insurance premium of 1.75 and monthly, depending on down payment and length of the loan of as much as .85% and the monthly amount is permanent for the life of the loan.
Most owner don’t live in their home past 9 years, so I’m not sure the permanency of the monthly mortgage insurance is that big a deal.
In summary, FHA is great loan program that offers more opportunity to more folks who want to own a home.
If you or someone you know would be interested in knowing more about a FHA home loan, call me or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.mortgagemack.com to apply and please subscribe to my vBlog at www.teammortgagemack.com
I look forward to your questions and comments.
Thanks for watching and have a great day! MortgageMack out
8 thoughts on “FHA Mortgages Texas”
Good write-up, I’m regular visitor of one’s site, maintain up the excellent operate, and It’s going to be a regular visitor for a lengthy time.
Have you ever considered about adding a little bit more than just your articles? I mean, what you say is important and all. Nevertheless just imagine if you added some great visuals or video clips to give your posts more, “pop”! Your content is excellent but with images and videos, this blog could undeniably be one of the very best in its field. Terrific blog!
Greetings! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I really enjoy reading through your posts. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that deal with the same topics? Thank you!
Hello would you mind stating which blog platform you’re using? I’m planning to start my own blog soon but I’m having a tough time making a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs and I’m looking for something unique. P.S Apologies for getting off-topic but I had to ask!
WordPress in GoDaddy.
Great website! I am loving it!! Will come back again. I am taking your feeds also.
Comments are closed.